Outdoor Activities Chair
The Outdoor Activities Chair is appointed by the Committee Chairman to secure tour permits and permission to use camping site, serve as transportation coordinator, ensure a monthly outdoor program.
- Help secure permission to use camping sites.
- Serve as transportation coordinator.
- Secure tour permits for all troop activities.
- Ensure a monthly outdoor program.
- Promote the National Camping Award.
- Promote, through family meetings, attendance at troop campouts, camporees, and summer camp to reach the goal of an outing per month.
- Supervise, promote and coordinate attendance at Troop, district and council camps and events.
- Report to the Committee monthly.
- Has all adult leaders review the Guide to Safe Scouting.
- Be a registered adult leader at least 21 years old.
- Subscribe to the precepts of the Declaration of Religious Principle.
- Abide by the Scout Oath or Promise and the Scout Law.
- Possess the moral, educational, and emotional qualities that the Boy Scouts of America deems necessary to afford positive leadership to youth.
- All volunteers are expected to complete Youth Protection training. It is available online on the Web site http://olc.scouting.org. As a volunteer, you are expected to complete the training within 90 days of assuming a leadership position.
Copyright © 2011, BSA Troop 236, Westmoreland Fayette Council, All Rights Reserved.